Posted: March 5, 2014
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributions (ICMAD) association announced it is now accepting entries for the 2014 CITY Awards. Honoring innovation in the beauty industry—as CITY stands for Cosmetic Innovators of The Year—the awards program is accepting entries from March 3, 2014 to April 14, 2014, and to be eligible, products or campaigns must have been launched and shipped or taken place between March 1, 2013 and February 28, 2014. For 2014, the CITY Awards are also included new categories: Nail Color and Treatment, and Accessories and Tools.
Award winners will be able to enjoy exposure to consumer and trade media, presence in new distribution retail outlets, and visibility to industry peers. Winners also are featured in the ICMAD Digest (July/August 2014 issue) and on the association’s website, and are displayed at the ICMAD booth at industry trade shows. They also are able to take part in a meet-and-greet event with top online beauty editors before the CITY Award Dinner, as well as take part in a display of nominee products at CITY Award Dinner event in New York on June 11, 2014.
The product categories are as follows, and only one entry per category per company is allowed.
- Color Cosmetic Product: Face or Body
- Skin Care Product: Face
- Bath and Body
- Fragrance: Perfume/Home
- Hair Care
- Nails Color and Treatment
- Accessories and Tools
Package Design Innovation:
- Color Cosmetic and Nails Package Design
- Skin Care Package Design: Face
- Bath/Body/Hair Care Package Design
- Fragrance Package Design: Perfume/Home
- Accessories and Tools Package Design
- Print Advertisement: Trade or Consumer
- Social Media Marketing Campaign
- Grassroots/Innovative Marketing Campaign
Additionally, the Member’s Choice Award also is accepting nominations, and it is voted on by the ICMAD board of directors.
Winners will be selected by five beauty industry influentials and will include a mix of retailers, distributors, online beauty editors, consumer magazine editors and PR agencies. They will evaluate each entry and select three final nominees for each category. Judges will base their decision on the following:
- Does the product or advertisement demonstrate originality?
- Does it influence or advance the category?
- Does it answer an unmet consumer or retailer need?
- Does it provide sales opportunity as well as creativity?
- Does it provide unique opportunities for every link in the cosmetic business chain?
The three finalists will be named on May 27, 2014, and winners will be announced at the CITY Awards Dinner event in New York on June 11, 2014. The nomination form can be found here, and additional information can be found on ICMAD’s website here.